Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: straight-up
- straight-up (adverb)
- truthfully, honestly, seriously
- She told me straight up that she did not want to go.
- (of an alcoholic drink) chilled (stirred or shaken over ice) and served in a cocktail glass, with no ice
- Gimmie a margarita, straight up.
There is significant confusion in the use of straight up and other terms in common bartending use – see neat: usage notes.
- (alcoholic drink): up
- (alcoholic drink): on the rocks
- (alcoholic drink): neat