Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Given to thought, or to the examination of subjects by contemplation; contemplative.
- Dedicated to study; devoted to the acquisition of knowledge from books
- a studious scholar
- (usually followed by an infinitive or by "of") Earnest in endeavors; attentive; diligent
- be studious to please
- She is studious to find new friends and allies
- Planned with study; deliberate; studied.
- Favorable to study; suitable for thought and contemplation
- the studious shade
given to study, reading, etc
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked