Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act of submitting.
- The thing which has been submitted.
2013 June 7, Ed Pilkington, “‘Killer robots’ should be banned in advance, UN told”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 6:
- In his submission to the UN, [Christof] Heyns points to the experience of drones. Unmanned aerial vehicles were intended initially only for surveillance, and their use for offensive purposes was prohibited, yet once strategists realised their perceived advantages as a means of carrying out targeted killings, all objections were swept out of the way.
- A submission hold in wrestling, mixed martial arts, or other combat sports.
- (act of submitting): acquiescence, capitulation, concession, giving in, submittal, obeyance, yielding
- (thing submitted): submittal
the act of submitting
the thing which has been submitted
submission (plural submissions)
- A subset or component of a mission.
1999, James J. Cooke, The All-Americans at War: The 82nd Division in the Great War, 1917-1918, page 69:
- The commander would have to communicate to his operational planners his intent — how he wanted to fight the battle and what missions and submissions were vital to achieving what the corps order had defined as missions for the division.