Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
subrange (plural subranges)
- (geography) A subdivision of a mountain range
2008 December 16, Michael Brick, “At 85, More Peaks to Conquer and Adventures to Seek”:
- His own reluctant namesake, Mount Beckey, rises some 8,500 feet in a largely uncharted subrange near the Cathedral Spires of southeastern Alaska.
- (mathematics, programming) A subset of a given range or numeric set
- We are concerned with the subrange of integers between a and b.
- The program defines two subrange types.