- (countable, uncountable) A division into smaller pieces of something that has already been divided.
- (countable) Such a piece that has been divided.
- Work on one subdivision at a time.
- (countable) A parcel of land that has been divided into lots.
- (countable) A group of houses created by the same builder or in the same general area.
- They're putting in a new subdivision out past Black Ranch Road.
- (Philippines) A gated community.
division into smaller pieces of something
parcel of land
group of houses
- To separate something into smaller pieces.
- Subdivide the sentence into pieces and understand it a bit at a time.