subvocal (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining words or statements formed in thought and expressed inwardly but not, or not yet, uttered aloud.
- (phonetics, dated) Of or pertaining to imperfectly articulated speech that is inaudible or barely audible; subtonic.
- subvocal in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “subvocal” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- “subvocal” in Microsoft's Encarta World English Dictionary, North American Edition (2007)
- Oxford English Dictionary, second edition (1989)
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary (1987-1996)