Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: sum-up
- To produce a total by adding.
- (idiomatic) to summarize
- So, to sum up your argument, what you are saying is that it is impossible.
- 2011 February 12, Nabil Hassan, “Blackburn 0 - 0 Newcastle”, in BBC:
- Best came close to getting on the end of Barton's cross but he was inches away from connecting. It was an incident that summed up Newcastle's afternoon.
- The object can come before or after the particle. If the object is a pronoun, then it must come before the particle.
sum up — see summarize