Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality of being supreme.
- Power over all others.
- (in combination) The ideology that a specified group is superior to others or should have supreme power over them.
- white supremacy
- 2004, Andrew Michael Manis, Macon Black and White: An Unutterable Separation in the American Century, Mercer University Press (→ISBN), page 139:
- Fighting a war against Hitler's Nazi ideology, with its doctrine of Aryan supremacy and its "final solution" to protect against an "inferior people," accentuated the final irony of an America fighting a racist ideology while trying to keep its own racist ideology intact.
- → French: suprématie
quality of being supreme
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.