swap out (third-person singular simple present swaps out, present participle swapping out, simple past and past participle swapped out)
- (transitive, computing) To transfer (memory contents) into a swap file.
- (transitive or intransitive) To exchange (something or someone) for an unused (or less-used) equivalent.
- Those men are tired, let's swap that unit out.
- I can't keep going, is it okay if I swap out?
- (transitive) To exchange (something) for (something else). (usually followed by with or for)
- I'll swap out the dead battery for a new one.