Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, computing) To transfer (memory contents) into a swap file.
- (transitive or intransitive) To exchange (something or someone) for an unused (or less-used) equivalent.
- Those men are tired; let's swap that unit out.
- I can't keep going; is it okay if I swap out?
- (transitive) To exchange (something) for (something else). (usually followed by with or for)
- I'll swap out the dead battery for a new one.
- Anything that is swapped out for another; an exchange.
- (television) A pre-prepared food item used in place of an unfinished food item in order to cut down the overall preparation time during filming.
- Luckily, on this show we have swap outs, so we don't have to wait.