Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
sweatbox (plural sweatboxes)
- Any box or boxlike structure used to induce sweating, such as of hides or tobacco
- 2009 January 31, Karen Collier, “Posties buckle in scorching heat”, in Herald Sun:
- Australia Post has been accused of endangering staff with "sweatbox" uniforms and restricting earlier starts to save money.
- (US, slang) A jail cell.
- A small overheated cell or room used for solitary confinement or torture.
- (slang) A small nightclub packed to capacity where people get hot and sweaty.