Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, relating to, or consisting of a syllable or syllables.
- Pronounced with every syllable distinct.
- (linguistics) Designating a sound that is or can be the most sonorant segment of a syllable, as a vowel or a resonant. In the word riddle ([ɹɪdl̩]), the two syllabic sounds are [ɪ] and [l̩].
- Of, or being a form of verse, based on the number of syllables in a line rather than on the arrangement of accents or quantities.
Terms derived from syllabic
of, relating to, or consisting of a syllable
syllabic (plural syllabics)
- (linguistics) A syllabic sound.