Jump to navigation Jump to search
- tap-in (only for noun)
- (golf) A simple, short putt very close to the hole.
- (soccer) A simple shot into the goal from close range, and without opposition.
- (soccer) To kick a simple shot, without opposition, from close range into the goal.
- 2011, Phil McNulty, Euro 2012: Montenegro 2-2 England:
- Bent was again left with the simplest of finishes when Rooney picked out Young and he unselfishly crossed for Bent to tap in from inside the six-yard area.
- To enter a public transport system (especially the London Underground) by tapping a travelcard on the card-reader