Jump to navigation Jump to search
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
therapist (plural therapists)
- Someone who provides therapy, usually professionally.
- A psychotherapist specifically.
- 2013 June 28, Joris Luyendijk, “Our banks are out of control”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 3, page 21:
- Seeing the British establishment struggle with the financial sector is like watching an alcoholic […]. Until 2008 there was denial over what finance had become. […] But the scandals kept coming, and so we entered stage three – what therapists call "bargaining". A broad section of the political class now recognises the need for change but remains unable to see the necessity of a fundamental overhaul. Instead it offers fixes and patches.
- cognitive behavioral therapist
- cognitive behavioural therapist
- massage therapist
- occupational therapist
- physical therapist
- sandplay therapist
- sex therapist
- speech therapist
one who provides therapy