Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated, fandom slang) A self-reference to the current issue of a periodical.
- 1996 March, Cameron, R. Graeme, “Editorial”, in The Space Cadet Gazette, volume 3, number 1 (whole number 5), page 2:
- I was simply too stressed to sit down and work on this zine. That I finally got around to publishing thish is not, alas, due to my problems being resolved but rather to a sudden determination on my part to lose myself in the task and thus escape from all that dogs me, if only for a little while.
- (dated, fandom slang) A reference to the specific issue of a peridocial currently under discussion.
- 1953 August, Clarkson, D., “[letter]”, in Thrilling Wonder Stories, volume 42, number 3, page 135:
- Thish of TWS was really a shock to me, and I'm not pulling any punches!
- Jeff Prucher, editor (2007), “thish”, in Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction, Oxford, Oxfordshire; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 238.