Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A discard, rejection.
- An item that is thrown out to an audience or crowd, usually for dramatic effect.
- (soccer) An overarm throw of the ball from a goalkeeper.
- (baseball) A put-out caused by a throw to a base of a fielded ground ball.
- (paper engineering) A folded paper in a publication, such as a book or a greeting card, that is intended to be unfolded for use outside the normal form factor of the publication.
- (machinery) A mechanism to rapidly disengage a portion of a machine from the source of its motion, as an automotive clutch.