Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: thrōn, IPA(key): /θɹəʊn/
- (General American) enPR: thrōn, IPA(key): /θɹoʊn/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊn
- Homophone: throne
thrown (not comparable)
- Launched by throwing.
- a thrown weapon
- Twisted into a single thread, as silk or yarn.
- (slang) Confused; perplexed.
- I was totally thrown by his bizarre remarks.
- Aspirate mutation of .
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.|