Jump to navigation Jump to search
tostada (plural tostadas)
- (often in the plural) A flat tortilla that has been fried or toasted, or a dish based on this. Usually associated with the cuisine of Latin America.
- 2008 February 3, Tatiana Boncompagni, “Tostadas to a Salsa Beat”, in New York Times:
- A platter of chicken and octopus tostadas and two ceviches arrived at the table […] .
- (southern California) A bowl-shaped tortilla that has been fried and filled with various ingredients.
- Synonym: taco salad
- feminine singular past participle of tostar
tostada f (plural tostadas)
- toast (toasted bread)
tostada f sg
- Feminine singular past participle of tostar.