Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: touch line
touchline (plural touchlines)
- (sports) One of the lines that mark the border limits of the pitch. Used in rugby union, rugby league and association football.
- Synonym: (in Canadian football, field lacrosse and basketball) sideline
- 2012 April 21, Jonathan Jurejko, “Newcastle 3-0 Stoke”, in BBC Sport:
- French winger Hatem Ben Arfa has also taken plenty of plaudits recently and he was the architect of the opening goal with some superb trickery on the left touchline.
- 2022, Liam McIlvanney, The Heretic, page 107:
- Some kids were having a kickabout on the grass beside the walkway, cheering, groaning, calling for the ball, absorbed in the game, a self-contained universe marked out by jackets for goalposts and invisible touchlines.