Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tribar (plural tribars)
- A flag consisting of three stripes.
- An optical illusion, the Penrose triangle.
- A lexicographic symbol consisting of three vertically stacked dashes (≡) sometimes used to represent logical equivalence.
- Triathlon handlebars on a bicycle.
2015 April 30, “Exotic gear means a win by seconds in Brontë Wheelers time trials”, in Keighley News:
- Possibly the best bit of kit is the humble tribar. These either come as an expensive full handlebar arrangement on pure TT bikes or versions for those who only have one bike, and are much less expensive.
- (automotive) The arrangement of the signature stacked lights on a Ford Mustang.
2013 December 6, Lawrence Ulrich, “Time for an Equestrian Transformation”, in New York Times:
- The rear end's signature tribar taillamps, which light up in sequence to signal turns, are rendered in eye-catching LED panels.
- A concrete structure made up of three lengths, or bars, separated by air pockets, which is used to construct revetments such as breakwaters.
2014 January 22, Michael Field, “McConnell Dowell faces charges over death”, in Nelson Mail:
- Several workers were moving a concrete tribar near a 7600-volt power line.