Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Celebrating victory.
- a triumphant chariot
- So shall it be in the church triumphant.
- Athena, war's triumphant maid...
2014 November 14, Stephen Halliday, “Scotland 1-0 Republic of Ireland: Maloney the hero”, The Scotsman:
- Strachan emerged triumphant from the battle of former Celtic managers at the venue where they both enjoyed some of the highest points of their coaching careers.
- “triumphant” in An American Dictionary of the English Language, by Noah Webster, 1828.
- triumphant in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911