Jump to navigation Jump to search
trug (plural trugs)
- (chiefly Britain) A shallow, oval basket used for gardening
- (obsolete) A trough or tray.
- (obsolete) A hod for mortar.
- (obsolete) An old measure of wheat equal to two thirds of a bushel.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bailey to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A concubine; a harlot.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Taylor (1630) to this entry?)
trug n (singular definite truget, plural indefinite trug)
Declension of trug
- IPA(key): /truːk/, [tʁuːk] (standard)
- IPA(key): /truːx/ (northern and central Germany; now chiefly colloquial)
- Homophone: Trug (but /x/ is less common in this, so some speakers may distinguish)