Jump to navigation Jump to search
- All the electrical and communications cables bundled together and distributed through a building.
- (business) The movement of containers or packages between a terminal and a transporter's inland facilities, or the scheduled transportation service between locations.
- 1964 August, “Dr. B lights a pre-election fuse”, in Modern Railways, page 76:
- But long-distance trunking, of course, is the cream of the road haulier's job as well as the railway's; hence the anguish.
- Synonym: linehaul
- (UK) A system of ducts for cables, heating or ventilation.
- (UK) Plastic conduit or duct used to conceal and protect electrical wiring.
- A two-way radio technique that uses a control channel to automatically assign frequency channels to groups of user radios.
- (UK: conduit used to conceal and protect wiring): conduit, raceway, cable tray, wire molding, wire mold