Jump to navigation Jump to search
two-way (not comparable)
- (of a highway) Allowing traffic in two directions.
- (of traffic, visibility) Moving or occurring in opposite directions.
- (of a radio, etc.) Permitting communication in two directions, i.e. both transmitting and receiving.
- 1960 September, “Inter-city diesel units for the Hull-Liverpool service of the N.E.R.”, in Trains Illustrated, page 560:
- The inner power cars are brake second class compartment coaches; the guard has means of both bell and two-way telephone communication with the driving compartment.
- (of a project, treaty, etc.) Involving the mutual action or participation of two parties.
- (education) Utilising both Western and Indigenous knowledge systems; bothways.
- (American football) Playing both offense and defense in the same game.
- (statistics, of a table, etc.) Having or involving exactly two variables; bivariate.
- A two-way chart; a two-way table.
moving in both directions
two-way (plural two-ways)