turn-up for the book
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alternative form of
- 2011, Ismail Kadare, The Concert, →ISBN, page 412:
- Well I never, all these plenums! What a turn-up for the book, eh?
- 2013, Maurice Procter, The Dog Man, →ISBN:
- When examined and identified, the jewelry in the nosebag was found to be loot from the Dog Man jobs; almost all the rings, brooches and watches which the man had stolen in Granchester. This 'turn-up for the book' eased matters considerably in the C.I.D.
- 2014, Marjorie Owen, The Poison Pen, page 93:
- “Well! That's a turn-up for the book,” Jim said when Richard told him of the latest mystery.