Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
unaffiliated (not comparable)
- not affiliated, not associated
not affiliated, not associated
- simple past tense and past participle of unaffiliate
unaffiliated (plural unaffiliateds)
- A person or organization having no affiliation.
- 1967, United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Banking and Currency, Mutual Fund Legislation of 1967: Hearings, page 706:
- These unaffiliated (or independent) directors are, supposedly, the purifying factor against the contamination of the Managing Group's duality. The unaffiliateds are, in short, the Fund's watchdogs.
- 1968, Progressive Grocer's Marketing Guidebook, page 13:
- Among wholesalers, voluntary and cooperatives carry a far wider range and number of items in private brands than do unaffiliateds.