Jump to navigation Jump to search
underpass (plural underpasses)
- A passage that crosses a road, railroad or similar obstacle in a tunnel underneath it.
- 1980, “Underpass”, in Metamatic, performed by John Foxx:
- Underpass / Underpass / Over all the bridges / Echoes in rows / Talking at the same time / Click click drone
- 1986, “There Is a Light That Never Goes Out”, in The Queen Is Dead, performed by The Smiths:
- And in the darkened underpass / I thought oh God, my chance has come at last / But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask