Jump to navigation Jump to search
undoing (plural undoings)
- That which defeats.
- His fatal flaw was his undoing. In a sense he defeated himself.
- 2018 July 3, Phil McNulty, “Colombia 1 - 1 England”, in BBC Sport:
- The extra 30 minutes could not separate the sides and led to a nerve-shredding finale that has so often been England's undoing, with a dismal record of just one win in seven shootouts at major tournaments before this.
- 1912: Edgar Rice Burroughs, Tarzan of the Apes, Chapter 5
- So far as the ape was concerned, Sabor reasoned correctly. The little fellow crouched trembling just an instant, but that instant was quite long enough to prove his undoing.
That which defeats