- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)kt
unmarked (not comparable)
- Not bearing identification.
- an unmarked highway patrol vehicle
- Free from blemishes.
- Not noticed.
- (sports) Not marked, not closely followed by a defensive player.
2011 September 2, “Wales 2-1 Montenegro”, in BBC:
- Bale worked Bozovic again as he was left unmarked in the Montenegro area but could not get enough power on his header from a looping cross.
- Not having been marked, or assigned a score.
- The teacher sat down to a pile of unmarked work.
- (linguistics) Not marked; not standing out as unusual.
- The use of that word in that context was unmarked.
- (not bearing identification): anonymous, undercover
- (free from blemishes): like new, mint, pristine
- (not noticed): overlooked
not bearing identification