- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)kt
unmarked (not comparable)
- Not bearing identification.
- an unmarked highway patrol vehicle
- 1855, Frederick Douglass, My Bondage and My Freedom Chapter 3
- My mother died when I could not have been more than eight or nine years old, on one of old master's farms in Tuckahoe, in the neighborhood of Hillsborough. Her grave is, as the grave of the dead at sea, unmarked, and without stone or stake.
- Free from blemishes.
- Not noticed.
- (sports) Not marked, not closely followed by a defensive player.
- 2011 September 2, “Wales 2-1 Montenegro”, in BBC:
- Bale worked Bozovic again as he was left unmarked in the Montenegro area but could not get enough power on his header from a looping cross.
- Not having been marked, or assigned a score.
- The teacher sat down to a pile of unmarked work.
- (linguistics) Not marked; not standing out as unusual.
- The use of that word in that context was unmarked.
- (not bearing identification): anonymous, undercover
- (free from blemishes): like new, mint, pristine
- (not noticed): overlooked
not bearing identification