Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Not having been organized
- Not yet organized
- Not having been organized on a normal basis
- Having been organized only superficially or irregularly
- (US) (of a territory) Lacking a normal system of government.
- Palmyra Atoll is an unorganized territory.
- Unorganized does not have the negative connotations of disorganized.
- unorganized territory (or unorganized area, borough, etc.) (esp. USA and Canada): A territory for which government has not (yet) been organized on a normal basis.
- unorganized militia (especially USA): Citizens liable for military service but not (yet) organized on a military basis.
- disorganized (a negative term indicating inadequate organization; contrast with unorganized which has no negative connotations)