Jump to navigation Jump to search
impossible or difficult to pronounce or articulate
unpronounceable (plural unpronounceables)
- Something difficult or impossible to pronounce.
- 2009 March 13, “Natural Selection”, in New York Times:
- Synthetic fragrances can contain a laundry list of chemicals — hormone disrupters, petroleum-derived unpronounceables, asthma triggers and on and on.
- 2010, Deanna M. Minich, An A-Z Guide to Food Additives:
- Finally, if there are some “unpronounceables” in the list, ensure that they are minimal and not artificial anything—artificial colors, preservatives, flavors, or sweeteners.