Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- annoyed, irritated or distressed
- She became more and more vexed as she struggled to cope with the demands of the job.
- 1990 — Terry Pratchett, Eric, p 72
- He would be left in no doubt that they were annoyed. He might even go so far as to deduce that they were quite vexed.
- much debated, discussed or disputed
- the vexed question of whether or not to kiss on a first date
annoyed, irritated or distressed
much debated, discussed or disputed
- simple past tense and past participle of