Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- annoyed, irritated or distressed
- She became more and more vexed as she struggled to cope with the demands of the job.
- much debated, discussed or disputed
- the vexed question of whether or not to kiss on a first date
- 1990 — Terry Pratchett, Eric, p 72
- He would be left in no doubt that they were annoyed. He might even go so far as to deduce that they were quite vexed.
annoyed, irritated or distressed
much debated, discussed or disputed
- simple past tense and past participle of