Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈvɜːt͡ʃʊəs/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈvɝt͡ʃuəs/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Hyphenation: vir‧tu‧ous
- Full of virtue, having excellent moral character.
- Successful communities need strong, selfless leaders and a virtuous people.
full of virtue, having excellent moral character
- virtuous in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- virtuous in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- Alternative form of