Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Making or characterized by a noisy outcry; clamorous.
- 2012 August 23, Alasdair Lamont, “Hearts 0-1 Liverpool”, in BBC Sport:
- Hearts' threat had not evaporated, though, and Templeton fired a yard over the bar before the home fans and players made vociferous handball claims against Jamie Carragher, which were ignored by referee Florian Meyer.
- 1909, Ralph Connor, The Foreigner, ch. 17:
- They crowded around him with vociferous welcome, Brown leading in a series of wild cheers.
making a noisy outcry