Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: vocifération
vociferation (plural vociferations)
- The act of exclaiming; violent outcry; vehement utterance of the voice.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, chapter III, in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: A[ndrew] Millar […], OCLC 928184292, book IV:
- And as she apprehended the boy's life was in danger, she screamed ten times louder than before; and indeed Master Blifil himself now seconded her with all the vociferation in his power.
- 1837 Thomas Carlyle, The French Revolution: A History
- Crack go the whips; but twenty Patriot arms have seized each of the eight bridles: there is rearing, rocking, vociferation; not the smallest headway.
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:vociferation.