Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The process of making woven material on a loom.
- (countable) A piece of such material.
- 2007 September 28, Holland Cotter, “Lenore Tawney, an Innovator in Weaving, Dies at 100”, in New York Times:
- In the 1960s, in addition to small-scale weavings influenced by American Indian, Peruvian and African art, she began producing enigmatic assemblage boxes and collages, including postcard collages, which she sent to friends.
- (countable) An unsteady motion back and forth.
- 1980, David Madsen, Black Plume:
- Through some ill-understood quirk of balance, his drunken weavings did nothing to upset the tray — it seemed to remain calmly horizontal.
process of making woven material
piece of such material
unsteady motion back and forth