Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Westerly
- Facing the west; directed towards the west.
- a westerly course or voyage
- 2002, Jaime Suchlicki, Cuba: From Columbus to Castro and Beyond, Potomac Books, Inc. (→ISBN), page 13:
- Tall, blue-eyed, this proud and stubborn Genoese seaman first visited Portugal, proposing his scheme for a westerly voyage in search of the Indies.
- Located towards or in the west.
- the westerly side of a lake
- (of wind) Coming from the west.
- a westerly wind
- (wind): wester
to/from the west
- Towards the west.
Used by land surveyors when they do not want to or cannot say specifically "west".
westerly (plural westerlies)
- A westerly wind or storm, one blowing or coming from the west.
wind blowing from the west