when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In times of change or upheaval, anyone can make a legitimate business from their own personal vision, however different it may be.
- 2010, Hunter S Thompson, Hey Rube, →ISBN:
- When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. That is my personal motto, and it has made me what I am today.
- 2012, Nick Mamatas, The Damned Highway, →ISBN:
- When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro, and I have certainly been both in my life. Ask anyone. They know. They remember. They'll tell you that I was both weird and a pro.
- 2013, Chrisann Brennan, The Bite in the Apple: A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs, →ISBN:
- Hunter Thompson famously coined the rallying cry, “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!” saying anyone was qualified to make a difference if they had the heart, mind, and will to do so. Many did.
- 2015, Douglas Lain, In the Shadow of the Towers: Speculative Fiction in a Post-9/11 World, →ISBN:
- "The chair is not that weird," Van muttered. "It's the whole world that's weird now. When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” He picked up his wireless laptop.