Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Disruptive change, from one state to another.
- 2023 March 8, “Network News: Carstairs shut for main line upgrade”, in RAIL, number 978, page 11:
- Scotland's bottleneck junction between the West and East Coast main lines at Carstairs will be the site of major upheaval until the end of May, while £164 million worth of improvements are carried out.
- The process of being heaved upward, especially the raising of part of the earth's crust.
- A sudden violent upset, disruption or convulsion.
- 2011 September 2, “Wales 2-1 Montenegro”, in BBC:
- Since that upheaval Wales have won just once in seven games, beating Northern Ireland in the Nations Cup last May.
process of being heaved upward, especially of the earth's crust
sudden violent upset, disruption or convulsion