white glove test
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An examination of cleanliness, hygiene or other cleaning-related standards.
- Looking at the imprint his hand had left on the visible layer of dust, he realized his home would certainly not pass his mother's white glove test.
- White Glove Test (Houston Advanced Research Center)
- "Lead Paint Safety Requires 'White Glove' Test" (Bloomberg)
- A hotel's white-glove test (Boston.com)
- Watchdogs for the Elderly 15 Volunteers Advocate for Those Who Have No Voice (redOrbit)
- Dealing with 10 messes on your property (The Arizona Republic)