- (uncountable) Makeup that makes the face appear white.
- Whiteface is sometimes worn by clowns and mimes, or in the Gothic subculture.
- (countable) Any bird of the genus Aphelocephala.
- A Hereford cow.
- (countable, slang) A person of European descent. (See usage notes.)
2007 December 10, Janet Maslin, “Cop's Wife Spiraling Out of Control in Chicago”, in New York Times:
- Craig has gotten himself entree into a dangerous Chinatown card game, where he is playing the role of the malleable whiteface, the unlucky Irishman known as Mickey in order to infiltrate the drug-dealing operations of Asian gang members.
- (European): paleface
The "white person" sense is rarely used directly; instead, it is found chiefly in reported or fictional speech, where it is ascribed to non-white characters, often as a way of establishing them as primitives.
person of European origin