Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɛvə(ɹ)
whithersoever (not comparable)
- (archaic) To what place soever; wherever.
- Synonym: anywhither
- 1749, Henry Fielding, “XII. Containing Love Letters, &c.”, in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, volume II, London: A[ndrew] Millar […], OCLC 928184292, book VI, page 305:
- JONES was commanded to leave the Houſe immediately, and told, that his Clothes and every thing elſe ſhould be ſent to him whitherſoever he ſhould order them.
- 1926, H.P. Lovecraft, Weird Tales, 8, No.3, 373-80.
- But again I thought of the emptiness and horror of reality, and boldly prepared to follow whithersoever I might be led.