Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /(h)wɛɹˈɛvɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /wɛəˈɹɛvə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛvə(ɹ)
wherever (not comparable)
- An emphatic form of where.
- Wherever have you been all my life?
- Used emphatically, wherever may be two words ("where ever") when used in questions, though the single word "wherever" is also common, especially in US usage.
emphatic form of "where"
- In or to whatever place; anywhere.
You can sit wherever you like.
- In all places; everywhere.
Add quotations wherever they are needed.
I see mistakes wherever I look.
in any place, anywhere
in all places, everywhere
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- thereabout, thereafter, thereagainst, thereat, thereby, therefor, therefore, therefrom, therein, thereinafter, thereof, thereon, thereto, theretofore, thereunder, thereunto, thereupon, therewith, therewithal
- hereabout, hereafter, hereat, hereby, herein, hereinafter, hereinbefore, hereinto, hereof, hereon, hereto, heretofore, hereunto, hereunder, hereupon, herewith
- whereabouts, whereas, whereafter, whereat, whereby, wherefore, wherefrom, wherein, whereinto, whereof, whereon, whereto, whereunder, whereupon, wherever, wherewith, wherewithal