- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌhɪətəˈfɔː/, /ˌhɪətuˈfɔː/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈhɪɹtəfɔɹ/, /ˈhɪɹtəfoɹ/
Audio (US) (file)
heretofore (not comparable)
- (formal) Prior to now, until now, up to the present time; from the beginning to this point.
- We now make available these works which were heretofore unpublished.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:heretofore.
- (prior to now): hitherto
up to the present time
- (‘here-’ words) here; hereabout, hereabouts, hereafter, hereagain, hereagainst, hereas, hereat, herebefore, hereby, herefore, herefrom, herein, hereinafter, hereinbefore, hereinto, hereof, hereon, hereto, heretofore, hereunder, hereunto, hereupon, herewith, herewithal
- (‘there-’ words) there; thereabout, thereabouts, thereafter, thereagain, thereagainst, thereamong, therearound, thereas, thereat, therebefore, therebeside, thereby, therefore, therefrom, therein, thereinafter, thereinbefore, thereinto, thereof, thereon, thereto, theretofore, thereunder, thereunto, thereupon, therewith, therewithal
- (‘where-’ words) where; whereabout, whereabouts, whereafter, whereagain, whereagainst, whereamong, whereas, whereat, wherebefore, whereby, wherefore, wherefrom, wherein, whereinafter, whereinbefore, whereinto, whereof, whereon, whereto, wheretofore, whereunder, whereunto, whereupon, wherewith, wherewithal