- (General American) IPA(key): /hɪɹˈæftɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /hɪəˈɹɑːftə/
- Hyphenation: here‧af‧ter
hereafter (not comparable)
- (dated) In time to come; in some future time or state.
- Hereafter he from war shall come.
- From now on
- A future existence or state.
- Existence after death.
- 'Tis Heaven itself that points out an hereafter.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for hereafter in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)