Jump to navigation Jump to search
henceforth (not comparable)
- (formal, temporal) From now on; from this time on.
- c. 1606, William Shakespeare, “The Tragedie of Macbeth”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies […] (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, [Act I, scene ii]:
- My thanes and kinsmen,/Henceforth be earls, the first that ever Scotland /In such an honour named
- I will try to do a better job, henceforth, now that I know the proper technique!
- (in metatextual self-reference) Further within this document.
- (from this point on [either temporally or spatially]): from now on; henceforward; hereafter; see also Thesaurus:henceforth
from now on