- (UK) IPA(key): /wɛːˈwɪð/ (in accents with the "wine-whine" merger)
- (US) IPA(key): /ʍɛɚˈwɪð/ (in accents without the "wine-whine" merger)
- (US, also) IPA(key): /ʍɛɚˈwɪθ/ (in accents without the "wine-whine" merger)
- (US) IPA(key): /wɛɚˈwɪð/ (in accents with the "wine-whine" merger)
- (US, also) IPA(key): /wɛɚˈwɪθ/ (in accents with the "wine-whine" merger)
wherewith (not comparable)
- (archaic) With which; with what.
- Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
- And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem.
- 1885, Christina G[eorgina] Rossetti, “Love Came Down at Christmas [originally untitled]”, in Time Flies: A Reading Diary, London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, OCLC 2226947:
- […] Worship we the Godhead, / Love Incarnate, Love Divine, / Worship we our Jesus, / But wherewith for sacred sign? // Love shall be our token, / Love be yours and love be mine, / Love to God and all men, / Love for plea and gift and sign.
- (archaic) Something with which; the means by which.
- (‘here-’ words) here; hereabout, hereabouts, hereafter, hereat, herebefore, hereby, herefore, herefrom, herein, hereinafter, hereinbefore, hereinto, hereof, hereon, hereto, heretofore, hereunder, hereunto, hereupon, herewith, herewithal
- (‘there-’ words) there; thereabout, thereabouts, thereafter, thereagain, thereagainst, thereamong, therearound, thereas, thereat, therebefore, therebeside, thereby, therefore, therefrom, therein, thereinafter, thereinbefore, thereinto, thereof, thereon, thereto, theretofore, thereunder, thereunto, thereupon, therewith, therewithal
- (‘where-’ words) where; whereabout, whereabouts, whereafter, whereagainst, whereamong, whereas, whereat, whereby, wherefore, wherefrom, wherein, whereinafter, whereinbefore, whereinto, whereof, whereon, whereto, wheretofore, whereunder, whereunto, whereupon, wherewith, wherewithal