- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈfɔːˌmɛn.ʃənd/
- (US) IPA(key): /əˈfɔɹˌmɛn.ʃənd/, (nonstandard) /ˈæfɚˌmɛn.ʃənd/
aforementioned (not comparable)
- Previously mentioned.
- The PA system broadcast a long list of names in the morning, but it wasn't until later that they requested the aforementioned students report to the health clinic.
When it modifies a noun phrase, it is generally preceded by the definite article the, and the combination functions as a determiner rather than a simple adjective. It can also occur before a cardinal as in the aforementioned two papers instead of the two aforementioned papers, though the latter is also acceptable.
- (uncountable) The one or ones mentioned previously.
- The judge read a list of prisoners' names. She then indicated that the aforementioned were to be set free.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.