Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɹiːvi.əsli/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɹivi.əsli/
Audio (US) (file)
previously (not comparable)
- (now archaic, with present-tense constructions) First; beforehand, in advance.
- (with past-tense constructions) At an earlier time.
- The discovery of a previously unknown species had taken place nearly two years previously.
- 2019 August 10, Julie Brown, Veronica Penney, Daniel Chang and Sarah Blaskey, “Jeffrey Epstein is gone, but allegations against powerful associates linger”, in Tampa Bay Times:
- In the lawsuit, Giuffre claimed she was forced to have sex with a “large amount of people,” some of whom had not previously been named including New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson […].
- (television) Recapitulating the preceding episodes of a series.
at an earlier time
recapitulating the preceding episodes of a series