Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɛnɪwɛə/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈɛn.iː.(h)wɛə(ɹ)/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɛn.i.hwɛɹ/
Audio (US) (file)
anywhere (not comparable)
- In or at any location or an unknown location.
I don't know where I left my keys. They could be anywhere.
I'd rather be anywhere else.
- To (in the direction of) any location or an unknown location.
Anywhere you go in France, there will be bread and wine with dinner.
I'm staying home today. I'm not going anywhere.
Are you going anywhere special this weekend?
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked