Jump to navigation Jump to search
- any body (obsolete)
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈɛn.i.bɒd.i/, /ˈɛn.i.bə.di/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɛn.i.bɑd.i/, /ˈɛn.i.bʌ.di/, /ˈɛn.i.bə.di/
Audio (US) (file)
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- Anybody will do.
- Is there anybody inside?
- (informal) A person of some consideration or standing.
- Everybody who wants to be anybody will come to Jake's party.
- Here one isn't anybody, if one doesn't dance like Travolta.
anyone — see anyone
(colloquial) a person of consideration or standing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.